Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d102805453/htdocs/board/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/3/d102805453/htdocs/board/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/3/d102805453/htdocs/board/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/3/d102805453/htdocs/board/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/3/d102805453/htdocs/board/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Rebel Hill • View topic - RHR - Post Comments/Feedback Here....

Rebel Hill

My Personal Board
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: RHR - Post Comments/Feedback Here....
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

First off, a big thatnks to y'all for buying my rigging training... I so very much hope it lives upto expectations for you, and that it helps you to expand your skills.

So as other potential buyers can get some idea of whats contained, and how good it really is, please, post your comments, feedback, praise, and abuse here...

All opinions welcome.

Post subject: Re: Post Comments Here....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:35 am 

Hey Craig. :)

I've gotten up to video 11 so far. Great stuff. I was wondering how you solved the problem with the popping for the LW IK solver, in regards to pole item usage. I was having such a hell of a time with that one. I'm glad I was on the right track there. Good to see it from a pro though. :)

Great stuff so far, I would say my only nag would be in some areas where the recording software zooms in, sometimes it's not fully focused in the area of interest. I had a similar thing come up when I was recording for my 3DC dvd, using Camtasia. Anyway, great stuff all around, this would be my only complaint, and really, it's certainly not a big one in my book!

PS- I don't seem to be able to change my username for the forums here. Doh!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

jarvisj wrote:
I don't seem to be able to change my username for the forums here. Doh!

Oopsie... global permissions upgraded... try it again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:33 am 
Hi,

Just got your video tutorials 5 days ago. And I just finished the first DVD.

My comment:

"There are invaluable pearls of wisdom on this tutorials, if you want to be serious about rigging in LW get a copy ASAP".

P.D: Do not tell Newtek :twisted: But your first DVD put in paper it is how the documentation of the rigging tools need to be done. And not a bunch of technical paragraphs put there, simply to fill up blank pages on a manual. :mrgreen:

David

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:01 am 

Hi,

Just wanted to thank you Rebel Hill for creating an amazing set of tutorials! I used to shy away from organic character animation in Lightwave, but now that it isn't such a mystery, I'm like a kid excited about playing with a new toy! And I'm only 2 thirds of the way through the series!

cheers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:21 am 

Hi there. Very useful and well done tutorials for IK and control rigging. I am catching many tricks and workarounds, and am learning how to properly do setups with constraints.

I was, however, a bit disappointed with the part covering the human skinning.

Just the human neck would be worth one video alone, imo.

I guess I expected something like the Lightwave Spawn rig on CGtalk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

cbur wrote:
I was, however, a bit disappointed with the part covering the human skinning.
Just the human neck would be worth one video alone, imo.
I guess I expected something like the Lightwave Spawn rig on CGtalk.

Must say Ive not seen this spawn rig...

Otherwise, Im sorry if you felt something here or there was lacking... Theres an awful lot of ground to cover in doing such a complete start to finish tut of every area of character setup... What I aimed to achieve was cover everything in different areas, with a variety of approaches which folks can adapt to their own uses, in different ways. For instance the solution i use on the shoulder could be adapted to work at the hip instead, and vice versa, and the neck, if you really wanted to get into it could use a setup none too dissimilar to that used to shape and hold the torso.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:46 pm 

Now that I have seen the whole thing twice I have to say that the tutorials have been VERY helpfull to me, even as an old rigger.

My approach is really centering more on deformation. And while these tuts don´t take you all the way through eg building a perfect shoulder, they give enough pointers in the right direction on how to build a nice deformation control system yourself.

Would be 6 out of 5 if the same emphasis had been put into deformation part as into the control rig part.

So, final verdict 4.5 out of 5 Stars it´s a BUY recommendation if you´re into rigging

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:56 pm 

Congrats on this fantastic tutorials. You have put an end to the mystery of rigging and show us how beautiful a character rigging can be in Layout. It´s beautiful and it works fine! Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:04 pm 

zooming
its confusing, I think the videos are in resolution good enough to skip this zooming thing

why is confusing? you clicked on the tool and zooming into the view port but i need to move video file back to see what button is pressed, and i dont like it :)

Im in 9th video, it is great stuff!